As we were waiting for our drinks, I noticed a woman staring at us. I'm used to people looking at us when we are out in public but this woman was studying us. She kept looking at each Thing, then at me, then from Thing to Thing, over and over again. She was so busy scrutinizing my family that she didn't even notice that I was watching her do this. I almost wanted to ask her if she had any questions.
Maybe I should make it easier for people by wearing a sign that says:
- Yes, they are all mine (even the pale, blondish one)!
- They are bi-racial.
- Two of them are twins. Nope, not that boy & the girl. The two younger boys.
- Yes, I realize that one of the twins is much taller than the other.
- The oldest boy is 10, the girl is 6 and the twins are 16 months younger than she is.
- Yes I have my hands full and yes, I'm done.
- Any other questions???
My favorite part of the Jamba Juice trip was the man who commented "It looks like a school bus!", as I was rounding all the kids up into the van.
Do people really think these kinds of comments are cute?